Labor day has come and gone, officially ending the summer season, and with this holiday comes the much debated question, "Is white acceptable after Labor Day?" For me it has always been a simple answer, Yes! White has no expiration date, instead white clothes depend on temperature. In the heat of spring and summer time, white is great in denim, light cottons, linen, any material that is thin and airy. As the temperature drops, white clothes should shift into thicker fabrics such as wool, silk or tweed. So throw out the old wives tale that white is unacceptable after Labor Day and wear white all winter long. Just change your fabrics and you will be chic and sharp in white. Below are some of my favorite white pieces for all year long.
From left to right:
• Bop Basics Oversized Pocket Tank from Shopbop.com, $42 – For fall pair this tank with a long cardigan, jeans and boots.
• Prairie NY Charlie Stone-Yoke Dress, $232 – Love this dress for a date or cocktail event, try a black coat that comes a couple inches below the dress for added warmth.
• Nightcap Cherokee Dress, $171 – Love the black lace tights paired with this dress on the model.
• Chloé Slim fit jeans, $96 (originally $480)
• Tory Burch Justine Blouse, $225 – Nothing looks more chic all year round than a crisp white blouse.
• Stylist Studio Stretch Wide-Leg Twill Pant by Express, $59.50
• BCBGMAXAZRIA Strapless Floral Party Dress, $288