Sunday, January 9, 2011

Time for a Change

I had so much fun decorating my apartment this past holiday season, not only because it looked so festive, but because just a few changes here and there let me change the look of my living space. Now that all those decorations have been taken down and neatly stashed away, my apartment is looking a bit bland. I have been trying to figure out what small changes I can make, and I have decided to start in my closet. Closet organization is something we can all use a little help with, but here are a few things I am going to focus on:

1. Purge, Purge, Purge. I know this is hard for many of us (myself included) but it is essential that you only keep what you actually wear. Donate what you don't keep, unless it really just needs to be thrown away.

2. Wood Hangers. I am obsessed with the look of wood hangers. The instantly make your closet look more chic and organized. If you decide to invest in these I promise you wont regret it.

3. Coordinate Items. Once you have gone through everything in your closet and have decided what to keep, coordinate those items either by color or style. I like to coordinate by style, meaning I put all my tanks together, all my sweaters together, all my dresses together, and so on. This really allows you to see what you actually have.

I will post some pictures of what my closet looks like when I am done organizing it, but for now here are some inspirational pictures.

Love the Jewelry hanging on the lamp
Cute way to display scarfs, love the chandelier


TO DIE FOR...in love with the pink wall
*All images courtesy of DecorPad*

No comments:

Post a Comment